Meet the Altenburger Professionals
For Italian clients with interests in Switzerland.
For Swiss clients with interests in Italy.
Our Italy-Switzerland Team is here to support you with pragmatic solutions.
Specialized in legal and tax matters related to both countries as well as to cross-border issues, our Team consists of attorneys and tax consultants with strong ties to both Italy and Switzerland. All team members are Italian native speakers and work also in English, German, French and other languages. They are spread out across our three offices located in Lugano, Geneva and Zurich.
Our clients include private individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs as well as multinational groups active across the Italy-Switzerland border.
To provide pragmatic solutions in full compliance of the regulatory framework in both countries, our Italy-Switzerland Team works in close collaboration with a network of qualified correspondent professionals in Italy.
Range of Services
On a cross-border level we provide legal and tax services in the following areas:
- starting a business
- investments between Italy and Switzerland
- all corporate matters
- M&A and corporate restructuring
- commercial contracts
- purchase and sale of real estate in Italy and Switzerland
- inheritance law, wealth and succession planning
- relocation of individuals to Italy or Switzerland
- voluntary disclosure in tax matters
- administrative assistance in tax matters between Italy and Switzerland
- refund of withholding taxes in Italy and Switzerland
As concerns activities in Switzerland, we further provide legal and tax services in the following areas:
- corporate housekeeping
- labor law and social security law
- residence and work permits
- tax compliance (for individuals and companies)
- tax litigation
- banking, finance and fintech law
- insurance law
- dispute resolution (mediation, litigation, arbitration)
- white collar crime and tax crime.
For more information, have a look at our services overview.
- Assisting Italian companies concerning transfer or secondment of employees to Switzerland and related Swiss immigration, labor law, social security and tax matters
- Advising Swiss companies active in the retail sale of haute couture on their contractual relationship with Italian suppliers
- Advising Italian luxury brands on their contractual relationship with Swiss whole-sellers and retailers
- Advising and representing individuals with respect to inheritance matters involving estates in Italy and Switzerland
- Obtaining the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and the operating license for an Italian airline from the Swiss Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA)
- Assisting an Italian real estate company with the recognition and enforcement in Switzerland of an Italian bankruptcy judgment
- Advising on the handling in Switzerland of an international letter rogatory from Italian authorities
- Obtaining a Swiss tax ruling for trusts with an Italian settlor and Swiss beneficiaries
- Assisting a leading Italian pharmaceutical group with respect to the transfer of its headquarters to Switzerland
- Representing Italian taxpayers in litigation proceedings before the Swiss Federal Administrative Court concerning the exchange of tax information