Curiosity, commercial awareness and excellent legal skills are the best allies of a business lawyer.
Laurent Lehner focuses on corporate, contractual and commercial law. He advises starts-ups, SMEs as well as Swiss and International corporations at every stage of their business life cycle, including incorporation, expansion, restructuring and exit of the investment.
He also has extensive experience in advising clients on employment and employment-related matters. In particular, he offers advice and assistance to his clients in negotiating, drafting and reviewing all contractual documents related to employment law (employment contracts, termination agreements, staff policies, etc.), dealing with executive compensation schemes, including share or stock-option plans, advising on all aspects of social security law and representing employers and employees in judicial and arbitral proceedings.
Laurent is particularly appreciated by his clients and peers for his pragmatic and "tailor-made solution" approach, his cross-cultural skills, and his responsiveness, as well as his ability to understand clients’ needs.
- Since 2020 Partner at Altenburger
- 2017-2020 Counsel at Briner & Brunisholz (Geneva)
- 2014-2017 Associate at CMS von Erlach Poncet SA (Geneva and Zurich)
- 2011-2013 Junior associate at Lenz & Staehelin (Geneva)
- 2010-2011 Junior associate at Ernst & Young (Geneva)
- 2015 Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Criminal Judiciary, Lausanne and Neuchâtel
- 2013 Bar admission, Geneva
- 2012 Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Profession, Geneva University
- 2011 LL.M. in business law (MBL), Geneva University
- 2009 Master's degree in economic law, Geneva University
- 2007 Bachelor of Laws, Geneva University
Bar / Court Admission
At all Swiss courts
- Member of several corporate boards and advisory boards of companies in the financial and Fintech sector
“Laurent Lehner is a priceless asset to any entrepreneur or business, especially when options appear limited, and the likelihood of a satisfactory resolution looks impossible. He is proactive, knowledgeable, and works every case with the same rigour. I have had the pleasure to work with Laurent Lehner on multiple occasions, and I cannot recommend his services more highly.”
“I could see it in my own case, how Laurent Lehner has been able to support the client and really help him, also with regard to his personal situation, by choosing a very effective strategy. I am grateful to him for his work and I would like to recommend his services to other people, because this is something really special, both professionally and personally.”