Insurance & Re-Insurance
At Altenburger, we have successfully been advising various insurance-industry stakeholders for over 25 years.
Our clients are both Swiss and foreign-based insurance and re-insurance companies as well as intermediaries and providers of insurance-related products who rely on our deep industry expertise.
Our Insurance Team focuses on regulatory insurance matters as well as corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions and business (re)structuring. This includes the drafting and negotiation of industry sector agreements, such as outsourcing, cooperation and distribution contracts. Insurance contract law and product development are further core activities of our insurance experts, both in the life and non-life sectors. Together with our Tax Team we also provide tax advice specific to the insurance industry.
Our experience of 25 years as trusted advisors of the insurance industry has taught us that the key to success of stakeholders and their legal advisors is to take a bold, persistent and future-oriented approach all while respecting the regulatory requirements and the market rules.
Being creative within a highly regulated environment?
Yes, it's possible!
Range of Services
- (Re)Insurance supervision law
- Insurance contract law
- Product development
- Product taxation
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts (e.g. distribution, service, outsourcing and cooperation agreements)
- Group (re)structuring (incl. tax aspects)
- Portfolio transfers
- M&A in the insurance sector
- Dispute resolution between insurance companies
- Advising a Swiss non-life insurer with regard to its online distribution platform
- Providing advice to Swiss and foreign (re)insurance carriers as well as insurance intermediaries (including Lloyd's brokers) regarding the set-up of their business in and from Switzerland
- Advising Swiss and foreign insurers with regard to the classification of new types of products as (life) insurance business
- Advising various insurers regarding the latest FINMA practice (e.g. Corporate Governance, organisation, outsourcing, etc.)
- Advising a warranty & indemnity insurer in relation to the sale of a flow measurement and in-store analytics company as well as in connection with the sale of a beauty clinic
- Advising a warranty & indemnity insurer in the context of a 'sell-buy flip' underwriting process for a company active in the sportswear industry
For a complete or industry specific list of cases, please get in touch with us.