What drives me in my work are the clients’ ideas and goals, and finding solutions for them. Commitment to people and a solution-oriented approach are my most effective legal tools.
Thierry Thormann is Co-Head of the Corporate / M&A Team. He advises early stage companies, SMEs and listed companies on corporate law, M&A, restructuring and corporate finance matters in a domestic and international context.
Thierry Thormann is devoted to his clients and is particularly appreciated for his solution-oriented and practical approach, his analytical thinking and his ability to get things done.
- Since 2016 Partner at Altenburger
- 2013-2016 Senior Associate at Altenburger
- 2011-2013 Legal counsel at UBS Inc., Investment Products and Services, Zurich
- 2008-2011 Associate at Baker & McKenzie, Zurich
- 2007-2008 Associate at Wyss/Wiesli Attorneys at Law, Zurich
- 2003-2004 Legal trainee at Baker & McKenzie, Zurich
- 2002 Trainee at the Secretariat of the Swiss Competition Commission, Bern
- 1999 Customer consultant at Credit Suisse, Bern
- 2010 LL.M., University of Chicago
- 2006 Bar admission
- 2002 Lic. iur. with predicate "magna cum laude", University of Bern
Bar / Court Admission
At all Swiss courts
Recognized applicant / Competent specialist SIX Swiss Exchange
“Altenburger helped us with an acquisition of a Swiss company. We found them via reference by our accountant and they provided great support and were very quick in responding to any request or change. Since the acquisition was rather limited, the ability to scale and adapt the agreement structure as well as managing the communication with the counterpart were key to the success of the deal. Thierry and his team delivered and met all our expectations. I believe their way of working helped close the deal faster and that is key to me.”
“I've been working with Altenburger since 2016. They have supported me both personally and professionally and always went the extra mile. Thierry Thormann's corporate/M&A team and Luzi Cavelti's tax team are very professional, pragmatic, business-minded and experienced. I would highly recommend Altenburger to anyone looking for a law firm in Switzerland.” (April 2021)
“Thierry Thormann immediately understands the commercial context of every transaction and is very responsive. Working together with him and his team is an extremely pleasant and trustworthy experience.”