Stéphanie Hodara El Bez
Defending my clients’ interests in the most pragmatic way is what matters.
Stéphanie Hodara is the Co-Head of the Banking & Finance Team. She advises Swiss and international financial institutions, fund managers, independent asset managers, Fintech and Blockchain ventures and trustees on contractual, licensing and regulatory issues. She also assists them in national and international litigation and in enforcement proceedings.
Considered as a leading lawyer in banking and finance law, she covers financial regulation, asset management, collective investment schemes and other investment products, distribution of financial products as well as pension funds. In addition, she has long-standing experience in contract, corporate, immigration, real estate and private client matters.
Stéphanie Hodara is particularly appreciated by her clients for her solution-oriented and pragmatic advice, her in-depth and strategic thinking, and her dedication, as well as her diplomatic but combative approach when defending their interests.
- Since 2012 Partner at Altenburger
- 2008 Senior associate at Altenburger
- 2000 Associate at Secretan Troyanov, Geneva
- 1999 Assistant for inheritance and matrimonial law, University of Geneva, Law school
- 2000 New York bar
- 2000 Master of Laws (LL.M.), Boston University
- 1998 Bar admission, Geneva
Bar / Court Admission
- At all Swiss courts
- New York bar
- Vice President of OSIF (Supervisory Organization for Independent Asset Managers and Trustees)
- Board Member of ARIF (Self-Regulatory Organization and Client Advisors Register)
- President of the Blockchain Association for Finance (BAF)
- Board Member of various financial institutions
- Regular lecturer at the continuous training of CAS Compliance in Financial Services (Center for Banking and Financial Law), Groupement des Compliance Officers (GCO), Association Romande des Intermédiaires Financiers (ARIF) and Groupement Suisse des Conseils en Gestion (GSCGI)
- Vice Chairman of the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets Commission of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) (2016-2017)
- Expert author of commentaries for the Centre de Droit Bancaire et Financier of the University of Geneva Law School
- Professor of corporate and commercial law for the preparation of the “brevet de clercs d'avocats” (until 2011)