Laura Benhammou's practice primarily covers banking and financial regulations, including anti-money laundering and collective investment schemes regulations. She advises Swiss financial institutions, in particular banks, securities firms (securities dealers), portfolio managers, family offices, trustees, managers of collective assets, representatives of collective investment schemes, financial advisers, insurance companies and insurance intermediaries. She also advises foreign financial institutions on their cross-border activities conducted in Switzerland, such as the provision of financial services or the offering of financial instruments. Her activity includes licensing procedures with supervisory authorities.
She has further developed an expertise in data protection law, in particular in respect of financial institutions. Her expertise in this field extends to European regulation on data protection (GDPR).
Altenburger Ltd legal + tax
Rue Rodolphe-Toepffer 11bis, 1206 Geneva
- Since 2022 Senior Associate at Altenburger
- 2018‐2021 Associate at FBT Avocats SA
- 2018 Legal adviser in an international organisation
- 2015-2017 Associate at Lenz & Staehelin
- 2014 Bar admission, Geneva
- 2012 Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Professions, University of Geneva
- 2012 Master of Law, University of Geneva
- 2010 Bachelor of Law, University of Geneva
Bar / Court Admission
At all Swiss courts