Clarisse von Wunschheim
I’m a construction worker. I build bridges. Bridges between people, law and reality.
Clarisse von Wunschheim specializes in international and cross-cultural dispute resolution, in particular international arbitration and commercial mediation and with a focus on the European and Chinese market.
Her main areas of practice include general contract law, agency and distribution, sales, technology transfer, joint ventures as well as other forms of foreign investment. Clarisse has been involved as counsel, arbitrator and mediator in a multitude of arbitration proceedings under various rules including the ICC, SCAI, Uncitral Rules, ICSID, CIETAC, HKIAC, SIAC, DIS, VIAC, WIPO, etc.
Described by Who’s Who legal as a “fast, smart and solution-oriented lawyer”, Clarisse is particularly appreciated by her clients and peers for her strategic thinking, her inspirational mindset and her personal dedication to each case.
She leads the firm’s Switzerland-China Business Solutions.
- since 2018 Partner at Altenburger
- 2015-2018 Of Counsel at Asiallians Attorneys, Beijing
- 2015-2017 Partner at Hartmann Dreyer Attorneys-at-Law, Fribourg
- 2010-2015 Founding Partner WunschARB Sàrl, Beijing / Fribourg
- 2008-2009 Associate at Jones Day, Beijing
- 2006-2008 Associate at DLA Piper, Beijing
- 2003 Junior clerk at the Zurich District Court
- 2002 Junior associate at Schellenberg Wittmer, Zurich
- 2013 Accredited CEDR Mediator, London
- 2010 Dr. iur. with predicate 'summa cum laude', Fribourg
- 2004 Bar admission, Zurich
- 2001 Lic. iur. with predicate 'summa cum laude', Fribourg
Bar / Court Admission
At all Swiss courts
- since 2012 Lecturer at the University of Turin, Italy
- 2016-2018 Lecturer at the Geneva School of Economics and Management (University of Geneva)
- 2010-2018 Lecturer at the University of Fribourg
Clarisse von Wunschheim possesses “an efficient way of pleading” and “produces a very high standard of work” and has particular experience in APAC-related proceedings.
“In representing our company in a high value ICC arbitration case, Clarisse von Wunschheim and her team passionately advocated for our company. I was impressed by their responsiveness, the quality of their services, their result-oriented approach and their commercial acumen.”
“My colleagues and I all feel very fortunate for having engaged Dr. Clarisse von Wunschheim and her team as our counsel in our arbitration case. She is really an expert in handling the arbitration process in every phase. She made us feel confident with her patience, professional analysis and well-prepared written submissions. We very much appreciate her dedication in managing this arbitration case for our company.”
“Our company produces various chemicals that are being sold globally. Having a dispute with our Chinese partners, we were forced to go down the path of arbitration in Switzerland. For legal assistance, we chose Altenburger, in particular Dr. Clarisse v Wunschheim and her colleagues.
From the very beginning throughout the whole process she gave us deep insights into “Chinese thinking”, various options to keep the channels of communication open, a perfect balance between deterrence and reward.
We would have struggled without her competence, hard work and her goal-oriented approach.
Not only all the legal aspects got brilliantly covered, but also business aspects that we would not have considered, helped us back on to the road for a fruitful relationship with our Chinese partners. I can fully recommend Clarisse, her team and Altenburger!”
Enforcement of Commercial Arbitral Awards in China, Business Laws of China, 2013 Edition