In full Altenburger spirit, my goal is to make an impact by helping people bring out the best in their projects and make sure they reach their financial as well as non-financial targets.
Axel Schmidlin specializes in banking and corporate law. He advises his clients on key regulatory questions.
With a strong practical and strategical understanding of the financial markets coming from his on-site consulting experience, he supports his clients in the following fields of play: regulatory (insurance, banking, asset management and trusts), contractual law, corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions.
He is particularly involved in the environmental social and governance transition of the finance sector and supports clients in handling the strong legal changes required by this new field.
He teaches corporate law for the Geneva School of Economics and Management of the University of Geneva and is currently working on his PHD in corporate law and financial regulation at the University of Geneva.
Axel Schmidlin is particularly appreciated by his clients and peers for his strategic thinking, cross-cultural skills and his joyful character.
Altenburger Ltd legal + tax
Rue Rodolphe-Toepffer 11bis, 1206 Geneva
- Since 2022 Associate at Altenburger
- 2021 Legal & Policy Specialist (secondment) at FINMA
- 2021 Assistant Manager at Deloitte
- 2019-2021 Consultant to Senior Consultant at EY
- 2017-2019 Legal trainee at Peter and Partners (now Peter & Kim)
- 2017 Visiting Scholar at University of California Berkeley
- 2014-2016 Teaching and Research Assistant at the University of Geneva
- 2019 Bar admission
- 2013 MLaw University of Geneva – Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- 2011 BLaw University of Geneva – mobility at the University of Zurich
Bar / Court Admission
At all Swiss courts
- Lecturer at the University of Geneva – Geneva School of Economics and Management (Corporate Law)